Rating: Votes: 0
Bill Monroe — Tennessee lyrics
Bill Monroe Tennessee lyrics was added to the site 23 Jul, 2007 and since that time has 0 hits and voted 0 times. Other popular Bill Monroe lyrics are: Cripple Creek, Just Over In The Gloryland and I'm Working On A Building.
Songwriters: MARTIN, JIMMY H. / NEIKIRK, DOYLE
1. You have heard and read about the state of Tennessee.
Down in the southern states is where I want to be.
Where the valleys are so green and mountains are so tall.
You will know just what I mean when you hear them say "you all".
cho: Tennessee (Tennessee) I hear you calling me (I hear you calling me).
The home of Davy Crockett in the hills of Tennessee.
2. When I was a little boy around the folks back home.
My mother always said to me: Jimmy, please don't roam.
Now that I have gone away my heart is full of woe.
When I think of Mom and Dad, that's where I want to go.
3. If ever I get back to that state of Tennessee.
I tell you there'll be no more roaming for me.
There lives a sweetheart who said she'd marry me.
As soon as I get back to that state of Tennessee.
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsty.com/bill-monroe-tennessee-lyrics.html ]
Tennessee lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group
Embed video – Websites & Blogs:
Bill Monroe lyrics:
- I Wonder Where You Are Tonight lyrics
- Little Georgia Rose lyrics
- The Prisoner's Song lyrics
- Uncle Pen lyrics
- Can't You Hear Me Callin' lyrics
- Close By lyrics
- Mule Skinner Blues lyrics
- Let Me Rest At The End Of My Journey lyrics
- Sugar Coated Love lyrics
- It's Mighty Dark To Travel lyrics
- John Hardy lyrics
- Love, Please Come Home lyrics
- The Old Crossroads lyrics
- Nobody Loves Me lyrics
- Come Go With Me lyrics