Rating: Votes: 0
Bill Monroe — Tennessee lyrics
Bill Monroe Tennessee lyrics was added to the site 23 Jul, 2007 and since that time has 0 hits and voted 0 times. Other popular Bill Monroe lyrics are: Give Me Wings, True Life Blues and Put My Little Shoes Away.
Songwriters: MARTIN, JIMMY H. / NEIKIRK, DOYLE
1. You have heard and read about the state of Tennessee.
Down in the southern states is where I want to be.
Where the valleys are so green and mountains are so tall.
You will know just what I mean when you hear them say "you all".
cho: Tennessee (Tennessee) I hear you calling me (I hear you calling me).
The home of Davy Crockett in the hills of Tennessee.
2. When I was a little boy around the folks back home.
My mother always said to me: Jimmy, please don't roam.
Now that I have gone away my heart is full of woe.
When I think of Mom and Dad, that's where I want to go.
3. If ever I get back to that state of Tennessee.
I tell you there'll be no more roaming for me.
There lives a sweetheart who said she'd marry me.
As soon as I get back to that state of Tennessee.
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsty.com/bill-monroe-tennessee-lyrics.html ]
Tennessee lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group
Embed video – Websites & Blogs:
Bill Monroe lyrics:
- Bluegrass Breakdown lyrics
- You'll Find Her Name Written There lyrics
- Down In Caroline lyrics
- Remember The Cross lyrics
- I'm Working On A Building lyrics
- Soldier's Joy lyrics
- Cabin Of Love lyrics
- Mansions For Me lyrics
- I'm Blue I'm Lonesome lyrics
- Walls Of Time lyrics
- Thinking About You lyrics
- We Can't Be Darlings Anymore lyrics
- Farther Along lyrics
- Down In The Willow Garden lyrics
- Highway Of Sorrow lyrics