Rating: Votes: 0
Bill Monroe — Tennessee lyrics
Bill Monroe Tennessee lyrics was added to the site 23 Jul, 2007 and since that time has 2 hits and voted 0 times. Other popular Bill Monroe lyrics are: Shady Grove, A Beautiful Life and I'm Working On A Building.
Songwriters: MARTIN, JIMMY H. / NEIKIRK, DOYLE
1. You have heard and read about the state of Tennessee.
Down in the southern states is where I want to be.
Where the valleys are so green and mountains are so tall.
You will know just what I mean when you hear them say "you all".
cho: Tennessee (Tennessee) I hear you calling me (I hear you calling me).
The home of Davy Crockett in the hills of Tennessee.
2. When I was a little boy around the folks back home.
My mother always said to me: Jimmy, please don't roam.
Now that I have gone away my heart is full of woe.
When I think of Mom and Dad, that's where I want to go.
3. If ever I get back to that state of Tennessee.
I tell you there'll be no more roaming for me.
There lives a sweetheart who said she'd marry me.
As soon as I get back to that state of Tennessee.
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsty.com/bill-monroe-tennessee-lyrics.html ]
Tennessee lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group
Embed video – Websites & Blogs:
Bill Monroe lyrics:
- The Long Bow lyrics
- I'm Blue I'm Lonesome lyrics
- Put My Little Shoes Away lyrics
- True Life Blues lyrics
- Lonesome Road To Travel lyrics
- Blue Ridge Mountain Blues lyrics
- Poor White Folks lyrics
- Y'all Come lyrics
- I'll Meet You In The Morning lyrics
- Big River lyrics
- You Won't Be Satisfied That Way lyrics
- Turkey In The Straw lyrics
- Jenny Lynn lyrics
- In The Pines lyrics
- Come Go With Me lyrics