Rating: Votes: 0
Bill Monroe — Uncle Pen lyrics
Bill Monroe Uncle Pen lyrics was added to the site 28 Nov, 2006 and since that time has 2 hits and voted 0 times. Other popular Bill Monroe lyrics are: Mule Skinner Blues, In The Pines and Just Over In The Gloryland.
Songwriters: MONROE, BILL
Oh the people would come from far away
They'd dance all night till the break of day
When the caller hollered "do-se-do"
You knew Uncle Pen was ready to go
Late in the evening about sundown
High on the hill and above the town
Uncle Pen played the fiddle lord how it would ring
You could hear it talk, you could hear it sing
He played an old piece he called "Soldier's Joy"
And the one called "The Boston Boy"
The greatest of all was "Jenny Lynn"
To me that's where the fiddle begins
I'll never forget that mournful day
When Uncle Pen was called away
They hung up his fiddle, they hung up his bow
They knew it was time for him to go
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsty.com/bill-monroe-uncle-pen-lyrics.html ]
Uncle Pen lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.
Uncle Pen video
Embed video – Websites & Blogs:
Bill Monroe lyrics:
- Sailor's Plea lyrics
- Mule Skinner Blues lyrics
- Goin' Up Caney lyrics
- Feudin' Banjos lyrics
- My Last Old Dollar lyrics
- Just Over In The Gloryland lyrics
- I'm Working On A Building (Live) lyrics
- I Was Left On The Street lyrics
- When The Golden Leaves Begin To Fall lyrics
- The Long Black Veil lyrics
- Girl In The Blue Velvet Band lyrics
- On And On lyrics
- Lord Build Me A Cabin In Gloryland lyrics
- Sailor's Hornpipe lyrics
- Poor White Folks lyrics