Rating: Votes: 0
Bill Monroe — Uncle Pen lyrics
Bill Monroe Uncle Pen lyrics was added to the site 28 Nov, 2006 and since that time has 2 hits and voted 0 times. Other popular Bill Monroe lyrics are: I'm Working On A Building, In The Pines and Cryin' Holy Unto The Lord.
Songwriters: MONROE, BILL
Oh the people would come from far away
They'd dance all night till the break of day
When the caller hollered "do-se-do"
You knew Uncle Pen was ready to go
Late in the evening about sundown
High on the hill and above the town
Uncle Pen played the fiddle lord how it would ring
You could hear it talk, you could hear it sing
He played an old piece he called "Soldier's Joy"
And the one called "The Boston Boy"
The greatest of all was "Jenny Lynn"
To me that's where the fiddle begins
I'll never forget that mournful day
When Uncle Pen was called away
They hung up his fiddle, they hung up his bow
They knew it was time for him to go
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsty.com/bill-monroe-uncle-pen-lyrics.html ]
Uncle Pen lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.
Uncle Pen video
Embed video – Websites & Blogs:
Bill Monroe lyrics:
- Working On A Building lyrics
- Put My Little Shoes Away lyrics
- You'll Find Her Name Written There lyrics
- No One But My Darlin' lyrics
- Big River lyrics
- Girl In The Blue Velvet Band lyrics
- Bluegrass Breakdown lyrics
- Swing Low, Sweet Chariot lyrics
- Lonesome Truck Driver's Blues lyrics
- Cripple Creek lyrics
- Columbus Stockade Blues lyrics
- Six White Horses lyrics
- Heavy Traffic Ahead lyrics
- Soldier's Joy lyrics
- Out In The Cold World lyrics