Soldier's Last Letter lyricsLyrics → Artists: E → Ernest Tubb lyrics → Soldier's Last Letter lyrics
Ernest Tubb — Soldier's Last Letter lyrics
Ernest Tubb Soldier's Last Letter lyrics was added to the site 21 Jul, 2007 and since that time has 0 hits and voted 0 times. Other popular Ernest Tubb lyrics are: Daisy A Day, When The World Has Turned You Down and Walking The Floor Over You.
Soldier’s Last Letter
When the postman delivered a letter
It filled her dear heart full of joy
But she didn't know ‘til she read the inside
It was the last one from her darling boy.
Dear Mom, was the way that it started
I miss you so much, it went on
Mom, I didn't know, that I loved you so
But I'll prove it when this war is won.
I'm writing this down in a trench, Mom
Don't scold if it isn't so neat
You know as you did, when I was a kid
And I'd come home with mud on my feet.
The captain just gave us our orders
And Mom, we will carry them through.
I'll finish this letter the first chance I get
But now I'll just say I love you.
Then the mother's old hands began to tremble
And she fought against tears in her eyes
But they came unashamed for there was no name
And she knew that her darling had died.
That night as she knelt by her bedside
She prayed Lord above hear my plea
And protect all the sons that are fighting tonight
And dear God keep America free.
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsty.com/ernest-tubb-soldiers-last-letter-lyrics.html ]
- Don't Back A Man Up In A Corner lyrics
- Just An Old Faded Photograph lyrics
- Our Hearts Are Holding Hands lyrics
- It's Time To Pay The Fiddler lyrics
- No Matter What Happens My Darling lyrics
- I Reached For The Wine lyrics
- Great Speckled Bird lyrics
- I Need Attention Bad lyrics
- Four Walls lyrics
- A Dime At A Time lyrics
- Take These Chains From My Heart lyrics
- She's Lookin' Better By The Minute lyrics
- I Could Never Be Ashamed Of You lyrics
- She Goes Walking Through My Mind lyrics
- Let The World Keep On A Turnin' lyrics