Rating: Votes: 0
George Jones — 50,000 Names lyrics
George Jones 50,000 Names lyrics was added to the site 13 Aug, 2009 and since that time has 3 hits and voted 0 times. Other popular George Jones lyrics are: Two Little Orphans, Walk Through This World With Me and He Stopped Loving Her Today.
Songwriters: O'HARA, JAMIE
There are teddy bears & high school rings
And old photographs that mamas bring
That daddies with their young boys, playing ball.
There's combat boots that he used to wear,
When he was sent over there.
There's 50, 000 names carved in the wall
There's cigarettes, & there's cans of beer
And notes that say I miss you dear
And children who don't say anything at all.
There's purple hearts and packs of gum
Fatherless daughters and fatherless sons
And there's 50, 000 names carved in the wall
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsty.com/george-jones-50000-names-lyrics.html ]
They come from all across this land
In pickup trucks and mini vans
Searching for a boy from long ago
They scan the wall and find his name
The teardrops fall like pouring rain
And silently they leave a gift and go
There's stars of David and rosary beads
And crucifixion figurines
And flowers of all colors large and small
There's a Boy Scout badge and a merit pin
Little American flags waving in the wind
And there's 50, 000 names carved in the wall.
There's 50, 000 names carved in the wall...
50,000 Names lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
George Jones lyrics:
- I Won't Love You Anymore lyrics
- What My Woman Can't Do lyrics
- Who Will I Be Loving Now lyrics
- I'll Give You Something To Drink About lyrics
- I'm The One She Missed Him With Today lyrics
- Poor Man's Riches lyrics
- I'm Wasting Good Paper lyrics
- Long Time To Forget lyrics
- Slow Burning Fire lyrics
- Here In The Real World lyrics
- No Money In This Deal lyrics
- Let's All Go Down To The River - With Tammy Wynette lyrics
- The Blues Man lyrics
- If My Heart Had Windows lyrics
- How Much Rain Can One Man Stand lyrics