George Jones — A Goodbye Joke lyrics
George Jones A Goodbye Joke lyrics was added to the site 13 Aug, 2009 and since that time has 0 hits and voted 0 times. Other popular George Jones lyrics are: He Stopped Loving Her Today, I Don't Need Your Rocking Chair and Walk Through This World With Me.
No, she not gone forever
She's just playing one of her games
And tonight when I get home
Everything will be the same.
'Cause when I woke up this morning
Yes, I found her goodbye note
It just a game she's plays
It just a goodbye joke.
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsty.com/george-jones-a-goodbye-joke-lyrics.html ]
She's just goin' downtown shopping
She'll bring me back some sporty clothes
'Cause I'm always on her mind
No matter where she plans to go.
If I thought she was gone forever
Lord, I'd find me a hangin' rope
That's why I'm drifting now
It's just a goodbye joke.
Ain't it funny the sense of humor
A woman can have sometimes
Especially that lovely woman of mine.
Hey, bartender won't you bring me a drink
'Cause I still like?
On the words she wrote
In her little goodbye joke...
- You Must Have Walked Across My Mind Again lyrics
- Jambalaya (On The Bayou) lyrics
- She Thinks I Still Care lyrics
- Man Worth Loving You lyrics
- The Bird lyrics
- Wandering Soul lyrics
- Taggin' Along lyrics
- Take The Devil Out Of Me lyrics
- What's Your Mama's Name? lyrics
- Boogie Woogie Mexican Boy lyrics
- Don't You Ever Get Tired (Of Hurting Me) lyrics
- When Two Worlds Collide lyrics
- Along Came Jones lyrics
- If You Want To Wear A Crown lyrics
- What Ever Happened To Us lyrics