George Jones — Life To Go lyrics
George Jones Life To Go lyrics was added to the site 18 Aug, 2009 and since that time has 7 hits and voted 0 times. Other popular George Jones lyrics are: Why Don't You Love Me (Like You Used To Do)?, He Stopped Loving Her Today and I Don't Need Your Rocking Chair.
I've got a sad, sad story friends, that I I don't like to tell
I had a home and family, when they locked me in this cell
I've been in here eighteen years that's a long time I know
But time don't mean a thing to me 'cause I've got life to go.
I went one night where the lights were bright to see what I could see
I met up with an old friend there, who's thought the world of me
He brought me drinks and he took me to every honky tonk in town
But words were said and now he's dead, I just had to bring him down.
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsty.com/george-jones-life-to-go-lyrics.html ]
It has been a long time now since I've heard from my wife
I guess I'd be there with her yet if I hadn't used the knife
I'll bet that little girl of mine don't realize or know
Her daddy's been here eighteen years and still got life to go.
I'll bet there's not one man outside that's spent this long in jail
I'll be here in this prison till my body's just a shell
I can't be free to go and see the ones that I love so
Yes, I've been in here eighteen years I've still got life to go.
Yes, I've still got life to go.
Yes, I've still got life to go...
- Brothers Of A Bottle lyrics
- It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels lyrics
- I Can't Get Used To Being Lonely lyrics
- I've Seen Better Days lyrics
- The Baptism Of Jesse Taylor lyrics
- A Lovely Place To Cry lyrics
- Never Bit A Bullet Like This lyrics
- Dixieland For Me lyrics
- Gonna Come Get You lyrics
- My Baby Left Her Jinglin' John For Foldin' Fred lyrics
- Someone's Watching Over You lyrics
- If I Could Hear My Mother Pray Again lyrics
- All My Friends Are Gonna Be Strangers lyrics
- Hearts In My Dreams lyrics
- Y'all Come lyrics