Rating: Votes: 0
Hank Williams — The Prodigal Son lyrics
Hank Williams The Prodigal Son lyrics was added to the site 28 Nov, 2006 and since that time has 0 hits and voted 0 times. Other popular Hank Williams lyrics are: You Win Again, Cold Cold Heart and I Saw The Light.
Recorded by hank williams, sr.
Words and music by jenkins
[g] a prodigal son once [c] strayed from his [g] father
To travel a land of [a] hunger and [d] pain
And [g] now I can see the [c] end of my [g] journey
Im going to [d] heaven a-[g] gain.
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsty.com/hank-williams-the-prodigal-son-lyrics.html ]
I leave you the day, to help all your neighbors
I leave you the night, to solemnly pray
So try to repent and ask for forgiveness
Well meet up in heaven, someday.
Goodbye to this world, with all it's sorrows
Goodbye to the fields, that I used to roam
Im going away where, life is eternal
My shepherd is callin me home.
From out of the sky, he's coming to meet me
To wash all my sins and call me his own
His servants will bring, a ring for my finger
And never no more will I roam.
The Prodigal Son lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Warner/Chappell Music, Inc., Universal Music Publishing Group
Hank Williams lyrics:
- A Home In Heaven lyrics
- My Heart Would Know lyrics
- Howlin' At The Moon lyrics
- You're Gonna Change lyrics
- You're Gonna Change Or I'm Gonna Leave (Single Version) lyrics
- SIX MORE MILES lyrics
- I'll Fly Away lyrics
- Cajun Baby lyrics
- No One Will Ever Know lyrics
- A Picture From Life's Other Side lyrics
- I Just Don't Like This Kind Of Living lyrics
- THE WALTZ OF THE WIND lyrics
- I'll Be A Bachelor 'till I Die lyrics
- ARE YOU WALKING AND A-TALKING WITH THE LORD lyrics
- Peace Will Come lyrics