Hank Williams — The Prodigal Son lyrics
Hank Williams The Prodigal Son lyrics was added to the site 28 Nov, 2006 and since that time has 0 hits and voted 0 times. Other popular Hank Williams lyrics are: Beyond The Sunset, May You Never Be Alone Like Me and Precious Lord, Take My Hand.
Recorded by hank williams, sr.
Words and music by jenkins
[g] a prodigal son once [c] strayed from his [g] father
To travel a land of [a] hunger and [d] pain
And [g] now I can see the [c] end of my [g] journey
Im going to [d] heaven a-[g] gain.
I leave you the day, to help all your neighbors
I leave you the night, to solemnly pray
So try to repent and ask for forgiveness
Well meet up in heaven, someday.
Goodbye to this world, with all it's sorrows
Goodbye to the fields, that I used to roam
Im going away where, life is eternal
My shepherd is callin me home.
From out of the sky, he's coming to meet me
To wash all my sins and call me his own
His servants will bring, a ring for my finger
And never no more will I roam.
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsty.com/hank-williams-the-prodigal-son-lyrics.html ]
- Howlin' At The Moon lyrics
- Roly Poly lyrics
- My Heart Would Know lyrics
- WHERE THE SOUL OF MAN NEVER DIES lyrics
- THE GREAT JUDGEMENT MORNING Writer ? lyrics
- MY COLD, COLD HEART IS MELTED NOW lyrics
- I'm Sorry For You, My Friend lyrics
- THE WALTZ OF THE WIND lyrics
- May You Never Be Alone lyrics
- THE TRAMP ON THE STREET lyrics
- House Without Love (is Not A Home) lyrics
- May You Never Be Alone Like Me lyrics
- California Zephyr lyrics
- Cajun Baby lyrics
- Rock My Cradle lyrics