Rating: Votes: 0
John Prine — Hello In There lyrics
John Prine Hello In There lyrics was added to the site 4 Dec, 2006 and since that time has 6 hits and voted 0 times. Other popular John Prine lyrics are: Speed Of The Sound Of Loneliness, Daddy's Little Pumpkin and Fish And Whistle.
Songwriters: PRINE, JOHN
We had an apartment in the city,
Me and loretta liked living there.
Well, it'd been years since the kids had grown,
A life of their own left us alone.
John and linda live in omaha,
And joe is somewhere on the road.
We lost davy in the korean war,
And I still don't know what for, don't matter anymore.
Ya' know that old trees just grow stronger,
And old rivers grow wilder ev'ry day.
Old people just grow lonesome
Waiting for someone to say, "hello in there, hello."
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsty.com/john-prine-hello-in-there-lyrics.html ]
Me and loretta, we don't talk much more,
She sits and stares through the back door screen.
And all the news just repeats itself
Like some forgotten dream that we've both seen.
Someday I'll go and call up rudy,
We worked together at the factory.
But what could I say if asks "what's new? "
"nothing, what's with you? nothing much to do."
So if you're walking down the street sometime
And spot some hollow ancient eyes,
Please don't just pass 'em by and stare
As if you didn't care, say, "hello in there, hello."
Hello In There lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.
Hello In There video
Embed video – Websites & Blogs:
John Prine lyrics:
- Dear John (I Sent Your Saddle Home) lyrics
- Chinatown lyrics
- Onomatopoeia lyrics
- Other Side Of Town lyrics
- I Hate It When That Happens To Me lyrics
- The Oldest Baby In The World lyrics
- When Two Worlds Collide With Trisha Yearwood lyrics
- Crooked Piece Of Time lyrics
- Lets Talk Dirty In Hawaiian lyrics
- Humidity Built The Snowman lyrics
- Christmas In Prison lyrics
- You Never Can Tell lyrics
- You Got Gold lyrics
- That's The Way That The World Goes 'round lyrics
- If She Were You lyrics