Skeeter Davis — Down From Dover lyrics
Skeeter Davis Down From Dover lyrics was added to the site 15 Jul, 2009 and since that time has 2 hits and voted 0 times. Other popular Skeeter Davis lyrics are: I Won't Have To Cross Jordan Alone, Child Of The King and Hand In Hand With Jesus.I know this dress I'm wearing
Doesn't hide the secret I have tried concealing
When he left he promised me
That he'd be back by the time it was revealing.
The sun behind a cloud just casts
The crawling shadow o'er the fields of clover
And time is running out for me
I wish that he would hurry down from Dover.
He's been gone so long
When he left the snow was deep upon the ground
And I have seen a spring and summer pass
And now the leaves are turning brown.
And any time a tiny face will show itself
'Cause waiting's almost over
But I won't have a name to give it
If he doesn't hurry down from Dover.
My parents didn't understanding
When they found out they sent me from the home place
My daddy said if folks found out
He would be ashamed to ever show his face.
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsty.com/skeeter-davis-down-from-dover-lyrics.html ]
My mother said I was a fool
And she did not believe me when I told her
But everything would be all right
'Cause soon he would be coming down from Dover.
I loved him more than anything
And I could not refuse him when he needed me
He was the only man I'd loved
And I just can't believe that he was using me.
He couldn't leave me here like this
I know it can't be so, it can't be over
He wouldn't make me go through this so long
He'll be coming down from Dover.
My body aches the time is here
It's lonely in this place where I'm lying
Our baby has been born but something's wrong
It's much too still I hear no crying.
I guess in some strange way she knew
She'd never have a daddy's arms to hold her
And dying was her way of telling me
He wasn't coming down from Dover...
- Put It Off Until Tomorrow lyrics
- Hands You're Holding Now lyrics
- Gonna Find Me A Bluebird lyrics
- I Don't Care (just As Long As You Love Me) lyrics
- Easy To Love (So Hard To Find) lyrics
- If I Ever Get To Heaven lyrics
- My Shoes Keep Walking Back To You lyrics
- Angel Of The Morning lyrics
- California Uptight Band lyrics
- Daddy Was An Old Time Preacher Man lyrics
- I Can't Believe That It's All Over lyrics
- Touch Your Woman lyrics
- I Still Belong To You lyrics
- He Doesn't Love Me Anymore lyrics
- Have I Told You Lately That I Love You lyrics