Rating: Votes: 0
Waylon Jennings — Six Strings Away lyrics
Waylon Jennings Six Strings Away lyrics was added to the site 31 Jul, 2007 and since that time has 0 hits and voted 0 times. Other popular Waylon Jennings lyrics are: Good Ol' Boys, Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues and Come With Me.
Songwriters: JENNINGS, WAYLON
In days gone by but not forgotten
I plowed in the fields and I pulled in the cotton
Things you'd never think I've done when you see me now
I pick and sing and they think I'm a star
But every time I look down at my old guitar
I know I'm just six strings away from that same ol' plow.
I drive a new Royce Rolls
Buy them tailor made clothes
How long will good times stay
A poor boy ways
And hard time days
Just six strings away.
--- Instrumental ---
I met a girl 'bout a year ago
In a little country town where I played a show
And though I love her I still wonder just what she'd do
If I laid that old guitar down
How long would she hang around?
Or is she just six strings away from someone new.
Well, them six little strings
Buy rings and good things
But how long would she stay
If she knew poor boy ways
And and hard time days
Just six strings away...
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsty.com/waylon-jennings-six-strings-away-lyrics.html ]
Six Strings Away lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group
Waylon Jennings lyrics:
- Heartaches By The Number lyrics
- But That's All Right lyrics
- Sorrow (Breaks A Good Man Down) lyrics
- Too Far Gone lyrics
- Tulsa lyrics
- I Never Cared For You lyrics
- Let Me Stay Awhile lyrics
- Such A Waste Of Love lyrics
- Theme From "the Dukes Of Hazzard" (Good Ol'… lyrics
- Rave On lyrics
- I'd Be A Legend In My Time lyrics
- Abilene lyrics
- Dreaming My Dreams Of You lyrics
- This Train (Russell's Song) lyrics
- Brown Eyed Handsome Man lyrics