Rating: Votes: 0
Waylon Jennings — Six Strings Away lyrics
Waylon Jennings Six Strings Away lyrics was added to the site 31 Jul, 2007 and since that time has 0 hits and voted 0 times. Other popular Waylon Jennings lyrics are: The Conversation, Amanda and Luckenbach, Texas.
Songwriters: JENNINGS, WAYLON
In days gone by but not forgotten
I plowed in the fields and I pulled in the cotton
Things you'd never think I've done when you see me now
I pick and sing and they think I'm a star
But every time I look down at my old guitar
I know I'm just six strings away from that same ol' plow.
I drive a new Royce Rolls
Buy them tailor made clothes
How long will good times stay
A poor boy ways
And hard time days
Just six strings away.
--- Instrumental ---
I met a girl 'bout a year ago
In a little country town where I played a show
And though I love her I still wonder just what she'd do
If I laid that old guitar down
How long would she hang around?
Or is she just six strings away from someone new.
Well, them six little strings
Buy rings and good things
But how long would she stay
If she knew poor boy ways
And and hard time days
Just six strings away...
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsty.com/waylon-jennings-six-strings-away-lyrics.html ]
Six Strings Away lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group
Waylon Jennings lyrics:
- Money Cannot Make The Man lyrics
- The Ways Of The World lyrics
- Sandy Sends Her Best lyrics
- Gemini Song lyrics
- Billy lyrics
- Didn't We Shine lyrics
- I Think I'm Gonna Kill Myself lyrics
- Honky Tonk Heroes (Like Me) lyrics
- Listen They're Playing My Song lyrics
- You're Gonna Wonder About Me (1966) lyrics
- Honky Tonk Woman lyrics
- Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys lyrics
- Sparkling Brown Eyes lyrics
- Ride Me Down Easy lyrics
- If She'll Leave Her Mama lyrics